Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Getting Organized

I decided to take this week off to plan and get organized. The last few weeks have been a good learning experiences for me as I see what Raccoon currently likes and doesn't like with the Tot School activities I've planned. I have seen several homeschooling blogs have a Weekly Board of some sort (calendars, themes, etc) and decided that it would be a great way for us to stay organized.

Categories I plan to put on our board (with next week's content):

Theme                                        Space
Person/Profession                      Neil Armstrong/Astronaut
Letters                                        Cc, Ll
Song                                           This Little Light of Mine
Verse                                          Matthew 5:16 “Let your light shine before men…”
Rhyme                                        Wee Willie Winkie
Day of the Week                        (Pick out of pocket daily)
Weather                                      (Pick out of pocket daily)
Map                                            Solar System Diagram


The Theme will come from 2 Teaching Mommies for awhile, starting with their units on Places.
The Person/Profession will tie into our theme for the week and I'll probably just make up a one page sheet using Wikipedia, or other online sources.
The Letter, Word, Song, and Verse I plan to take from Raising Rock Stars Preschool.
The Rhymes I'm going to take from Mother Goose and we'll see how it goes.

Hopefully I'll have some pictures to put up soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment