Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Year E Month 2

These are the books Raccoon and I will be using this month and perhaps longer. And a picture of his latest "invention," an airplane. (I'm posting this from my phone and don't know how to rotate pics.)

The Kindergarten Scholar book is to help his pre-writing skills since he's pretty much got the concepts. But I want to expose him to traditional formats, following directions, and some pencil/paper stuff. I thought the Dust Bowl book would be fun because it's dry season here and very dusty/windy.

Kitty is having fun with sensory activities and gross motor tasks, like running and forward rolls. She doesn't talk much yet but I'm expecting a language explosion any day now. Her receptive language is great in Spanish and English. She's 18 months old. She's in Year B. :)

And I figured out something about myself. I love my children and I have a wonderful life but my brain is bored. I don't have a lot of time or energy for a big pursuit, but I am going to start teaching myself Quechua, a local language here. That is what the Busy Words book is for, me to make a picture dictionary. I'm hoping that the kids will pick up a few words too. Otherwise I've been driving my husband to distraction collecting pets. I need some sort of intellectual outlet because my brain feels like it's turning to mush. We'll see how this goes. I wonder if there's an app for that...

No comments:

Post a Comment