Monday, August 19, 2013

Summer Days

Tot-School-Gathering-Place
I have decided that this is our last official summer of Tot School. Raccoon starts preschool twice a week on September 3rd here in the States. Next year we'll be overseas again and starting to homeschool kindergarten, if all goes according to plan. Robin will be starting Tot School at about that time, which is odd to think about now since she's currently 6 months old. At that point she'll be a little shy of two years old. As Gretchen Rubin says, "The days are long but the years are short."

So here's to Tot School and Raccoon's last official post (the pictures are all mixed up time-wise, viva la summer loca!).

Arts & Crafts




My mom gave me these pumpkin sheets when Raccoon 
randomly announced in July that he wanted to make a pumpkin.


He actually wanted to carve one, but was persuaded to do it this way instead.


Thanks to Grama, Raccoon has done many large paintings
this summer, which I have hanging all over the house.

See the tongues sticking out? It's a family thing. Perhaps painting is as well, 
since my mother's father was a painter, among other things. This is the 
beginning of one of my favorites, which I have hanging in my bedroom.



When I see pictures like this, I imagine him as a teen,
long and lean, with his curly hair and gorgeous lashes.


Outside Play


Our wading pool, a yard sale find.


Which became our sandbox, thanks to my mom's inspiration and contributions.

Enjoying play time with his cousins.


A lake about 10 minutes from our house. Raccoon calls it the beach.


Mommy and me moments

 

Pensive ladies on shore



Raccoon loves horseback riding, just like his mommy.


Raccoon has always enjoyed bouncy houses, but now he gets to play on them
every week at church. This one, however, was outside at the 4th of July festival.



The way life should be.

 
A perfect summer day, jumping on the trampoline in the sprinkler with Daddy and his best buddy, C.

It wouldn't be tot school without a little dress-up.


 River swimming - it's cold!


Building


Caleb gathered up a stack of thngs from his playroom 
and informed me that he wanted to make a horse.  

  

I followed his instructions and this is what we built. There 
weren't any spare parts, much to my surprise. It even had 4 legs.

Family


Raccoon's middle name means warrior and he certainly lives up to it with his 
interest in weapons of any kind. His cousin is now his hero for having the 
biggest Nerf gun he's ever seen, and letting him shoot off several rounds.



Grama and Grampa, 4th of July 2013


I think Robin looks so much like my mom.



We are definitely a hat family.


Robin


I like this picture because she glows like the angel she is.


Strawberries to celebrate a long-time friend and SB's turtle,
which has now been chewed on by all three of my babies.


Joy.

 
Teeth!






Robin's first baby doll, a gift from Grandma Millie (90 years old) at church.









No comments:

Post a Comment