Thursday, October 27, 2011

Shopping for Materials

I squeaked a little bit of extra money out of our budget this month to spend on some learning products for Raccoon, so now I'm just trying to decide which ones. After spending an afternoon browsing online (gotta love naptime), I have narrowed it down to:

Actually purchased
Memory Lifter 199 Chinese Verbs (haven't used yet)
Emotional Intensity in Gifted Children (not as helpful for a toddler as I hoped, the solution is mostly "talking about it" in certain ways)
How to Raise an Amazing Child the Montessori Way (gorgeous pictures, some interesting ideas)
Parents' Guide to Raising a Gifted Toddler: Recognizing and Developing the Potential of Your Child from Birth to Five Years by James Alvino (pretty outdated but has a few chapters I found helfpul)

What I plan to get Raccoon for Christmas (Lord willing!!)
a trampoline (yes we did)
swimming pass for the two of us at a local pool (no, the chlorine seems to make him sick)*

Wish List for Later
Wink to Learn Read & Speak Chinese
Baby Learns Chinese
Tweedlewink
Readeez


Disclosure: I don't profit from any of these products, I'm just sharing about my search for materials in case it's helpful for someone else.

*I added in some (feedback) afterwards as follow-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment