Friday, March 1, 2013

Alphabet Book

As I've mentioned before, my mom is a preschool teacher, and an awesome one at that. I don't say this just because she's my mom, I know because I've seen her creativity and dedication firsthand. She is designing her own curriculum for her 3 year old class, part of which is an alphabet book. She's seen my blog (we live far, far away, boo hoo), so she sent me the pages to do with Raccoon.

We did A before Robin came, and since then we have done B, C, and D. This is the extent of our Tot School for now, but it makes us both happy to be doing a little bit. I love it because my mom did all the prep so I just have to pull out whichever page is next and the supplies are all right there. Thanks, Mom!

(Note: We don't always put the pages together with the same materials she's used, her class does a variety of things, we mostly just paint each page.)

 
Aa is for Apple, juicy and sweet.
Aa is for Always, always be kind.
(Look at those curls, sniff sniff.
An unfortunate barber cut them all off when all I wanted was a trim.)






Bb is for Brown Bear, Boots on his feet.
Bb is for Beginning. "In the Beginning God created the heavens and the earth."
 
 
When Raccoon saw his baby pictures after Robin was born, he asked, "Where's my big brother?" I told him that he doesn't have one, so he chose this red dog to be his "big brother."
 
 
Cc is for Cave where I like to hide.
Cc is for Created. God created me.



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment